Starting to Topstitch the Bell
I worked my way around all three bells, adding to my original trace threads. When I got to the bottom of the bells, I added a very fine wire. It's one strand of some wire J. gave me 2 years ago.
I asked him what it was, and he shrugged, "Automotive wire" was all he said. It's 12 strands, wrapped in blue, very fine.
I have some heavier electrical wire I tried when I made my candle. That felt good in my hand, but chunky when on the lace, so I'm trying a lighter weight.
I finished top stitching around one bell, and just had to show my progress. I was so careful with my stitches, I made sure each thread was in the right place before I made the next one. So far, so good, and I hope I can sit down this afternoon and work a little more. I get into a rhythm with the stitches, and it looks good. I just have to remember to be careful until I get into the swing of things.