Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree
My tree is done! With lots of helpful suggestions from Liz in OZ, I forged ahead, added beads to my cordonnet, and it's done! Here it's still attached to the working base. I always scan it before I remove it, just in case I get too enthusiastic with my seam ripper. (My reality check is metric this time.)
This picture shows the "removal" in progress. I removed the thread that basted the clear contact paper to the fabric, and peeled the pattern away from the base. I used my seam ripper between the pattern and the base, and never touched the needle lace.
For my previous projects, I worked between the needle lace and the pattern. I didn't stop to think that I was tugging on my lace and pulling it out of shape. This way is much nicer, and I never touched my lace until the very last. I had about 5 thread ends to remove from the back of my lace, and that's it!
I've probably read a million instructions how to remove your lace from the working base, it just never really clicked. That's why I'm posting the picture - now you can profit from my experience.
Here it is, all done and ready to hang! The beads messed with my scanner a bit, and my stitches seem a bit out of focus, but you can check out my earlier posts if you want to give me a report card on my stitches. (grin)
I'm so happy with this little tree, the stitches look good, my cordonnet is better than my last project, and I learned how to add beads!
I still need lots of work on my cordonnet, the piece up the middle is pretty sad. But, I am a beginner, and I feel like I'm making progress.
I'm bringing this to the Lace Group Exchange in December. It's time to start another project. I've got knitting waiting in my basket, but I'm feeling pretty icky today. The knitting can wait, and I'll post soon with my new project!