Blue Flower - last petal done
The last petal is filled with Genoa Stitch. I hadn't tried that stitch before, so I did a trial section on my sampler. I'm glad I did, because Genoa Stitch was hard for me. It never became intuitive, I had to count the loops for each row to be sure I started in the right place.
I'm pleased with the results, and glad I took the time to be careful. I'm not sure how often I'll use Genoa Stitch, but this last petal looks pretty good to me.
I also couched the leaf, so all I have left is the stem and the leaf, and then I can begin my topstitching.
I realized I have not included a reality check in any of my earlier pictures, and I'll be sure to include a ruler next time. I can tell you that from the tip of the stem to the top of the middle petal is 3 1/2", and from side to side the flower is 3". I'm using #80 tatting thread, #3325 blue.