Progress on My Blue Flower
I finished the section with Alencon bars and moved on to a petal with Pea Stitch Variation.
I've done a few bars when I dabbled in Romanian Point Lace, but that was #20 or #30 thread. This is #80, and a bit of a challenge.
The bars are tilted and look a bit tipsy to me! But my plan is to straighten them up when I do my button hole stitches all around. I have another section of Venetian bars to do, but I skipped that for now and moved to the petal filled with Pea Stitch variation.
I haven't done much Pea Stitch variation, and had to carefully count each row to make sure I was spacing correctly. I think I did it properly, and it looks good to my eye.
We're getting a blizzard through here for the next 2 or 3 days. I've got beans soaking for ham and bean soup tonight. After I knit a few rounds on those socks, I'll be back at my needle lace. I may do the Venetian bars next.