Another Flower Finished
Finished, and not too bad. I liked it so much, I'm going to do it again. I've printed the pattern and sized it down a little.
I plan to switch the petals, and have 3 with single corded brussels and a vein, and I'm thinking about what stitch I want to put in the other 4.
I will drawn a line for my veins BEFORE I cover the paper. (grin) I will find that dratted compass and draw the circle so it's actually round, and I'll know where the center really is. I will also do the spider last, because I kept running into it while I filled my petals. I'll also redraw the stem, because it's really too big and clunky. Whew.
I am usually impulsive, and start a project without thinking things through. But needle lace is for thinkers, and I'm learning to plan ahead.
Details, Details! I used #80 tatting thread, the flower measures 4"H x 3 1/4"W. I used single corded brussels in 4 petals, and it was my first time making a vein. The other 3 petals are peas stitch variation, I still need work on that. I found a picture of "antique" lace in Lovesey's Creative Design in Needlepoint Lace, P. 97. I scanned the picture, traced the flower, and reduced the size.